
Ohhhh at the movies for your anniversary date. That sounds so fun. It's true Mary and I have now been married for one entire year and have literally enjoyed each other for the whole time. So to cap it off we went to see DIE HARD, of course. We decided to take pictures of our date because nobody was invited to come on the actual date with us. First, the movie, it is a little awkward taking pictures in a movie theatre because of the dim lighted mood that is set whilst waiting for the film to begin. Chatting and laughter abound until suddenly. FLASH. You definitely recieve looks from those that are preparing for the blockbuster event of the summer. Here I will throw in Mary and my review of the movie...IT ROCKED. From beginning to end I was chewing my fingernails and Mary was literally on the edge of her seat. It has been a great summer for movies and this has been the pinnacle thus far, it outshined even Transformers although Mary disagrees because her beloved Shia LE Buffman is in that movie. But she didn't like Blades of Glory so... I just hope that the next Bourne movie lives up to my expectations.

Next, it was on to the Chinese restaurant. You may ask yourself now, hmm, why did you go out to eat after the movie? that seems backwards. Well we got the matinee price of course as the movie began at 3:45. YEAH. In Midland, Texas if you want to eat somewhere on a Friday evening you best plan on that taking upwards of 9 hours. The Olive Gardens, and Chilis are always a huge wait, while if you take the time and look (because I would bet that Midland has more restaurants per capita than any other city in America) you can find a great little restaurant like Kuo's Chinese. The Sesame Chicken that I am sampling in this photograph was a delight. On Mary's scale of chinese Sesame Chicken it was a "so scrumptralescent that I could hardly move, also from being so full. mmm."
.JPG)
.JPG)
Being as full as we were there was a need for a nice cola for Mary and a water for me. I choose water because I watch the Takeru Kobayashi eat approximately 57 hot dogs and wash them down with water. So to eat the most I can water is the way to go. The food was great but the company was even better. I have such a good time with Mary no matter what we are doing. We tried to take a picture of our fortunes but for some reason it wouldn't take, I think that there was some Chinese voodoo going on, and not only because of the picture. But the fact that the fortunes in both of our cookies were THE EXACT SAME. Does that happen? Chinese voodoo! Although the fortune was good though so we happily took them and got the heck out of Kuo's. It was a wonderful date and one year of our marriage is in the books. I love her and she loves me and that is just the way it ought to be! Dang I should trademark that...
PS, the fortune read "Investigate new possibilites with friends. Now is the time!"
2 comments:
Congratulations on your anniversary, being married is cool.
Good stuff James good to hear you are well and enjoying your life with Mary!! I'm glad to see you went and ate Chinese food it reminds me of when we went to Panda buffet after noon-ball ahh the memories. Miss you buddy.
Post a Comment