8 miles today for those of you that couldn't decipher my incredibly difficult riddle. I am slowly building my endurance and have been quietly raising my mileage week by week. Last tuesday I ran a 13 miler in just about 2 hours. I was quite sore the next few days, but I was okay to do 8 today and by next tuesday (which is the day that I embark on my larger runs) I hope to exceed 15 miles. Enough about running, it is just apart of my life now, its what I do.
Mary got to go see her mom, sister and her family in Houston this past weekend and I was really jealous. So jealous in fact that I ate pizza and watched football the whole time she was gone just to make myself feel a little better. (Note: pizza and football isn't as good as an awesome wife.) They went to a big aquarium and hung out all weekend, and to add insult to injury, she sent me this picture as I was wallowing in my pizza grease and told me they were having the time of their lives. Next, finally the NBA season has begun and I have yet to give my thoughts on the Utah Jazz and my predictions for the season. First, thoughts. I am offended that my cable provider does not include NBA league pass in its service. I live in an apartment now and the cable company has a monopoly on the service to this complex and I was unable to watch all the Jazz games, oh well, at least I get 5 or 6 on espn and tnt. As for my thoughts on the team.
Biggest positive: Williams and Boozer. Stockton and Malone they are not, but are getting mentioned in the same sentences often.
Biggest negative: Defense. Okur played great D on Yao in the playoffs last year but I don't see him giving that kind of effort all year. Booz just plain isn't a good defender, and if AK47 decides to be disgruntled again sometime this season it would only get worse. Also, a word on AK, I don't think he will be a distraction from the team this year. He seems to be giving a great effort so far this season and Jerry Sloan has rewarded him with a larger role in the offense, which is all AK wanted. His off the ball defense is the best in the league, no questions asked, but he will never be a shut down defender on the ball.
X Factor: Ronnie Brewer. This could be a breakout season for him, or it could be much like CJ Miles last year, starting for the first quarter of the season only to end up on a D-league roster for much of the second half. I think that he could be the defensive stopper the Jazz are looking for, although, he won't and doesn't have the touch to be the shooter they need at the two guard position.
It is going to be an intersting season for the Jazz and I truly believe that they are on the cusp of mention in the upper tier of the western conference. I don't think that they will make it to the Western Conference Finals again this year, which I hope makes them hungrier and realize how hard it is to get back to that level.
Predictions:
Record: 49-33 (Northwest Division Champions)
Playoffs: Western conference semifinals 4-2 loss to eventual champion San Antonio Spurs
All that said, I hope I'm wrong and they win the title. Isn't it great to be a FAN! GO JAZZ!!!

7 comments:
and did you see kobe's block on ak on sunday night?
i did as was able to watch the game live on the innternet but that sight is not working tonight. hopefully it does as then you can watch every jazz game.
danny you should give James the name of that site because if it works like it did that first night, our lives as NBA fans will never be the same.
http://atdhe.fr/
best of luck......likely not working again but perhaps
strong work on the running!
I don't know bout any of the other stuff on your blog, all I care about is that you have a picture of me on here.
what else is new?
Post a Comment