Monday, February 23, 2009

CPC Baby

It has been almost 2 years here in Midland, Texas. I have been training the entire time...until now! I am a CPC or Certified Professional Controller. This means that I no longer have to have another controller plugged in to the position at the same time that I am working the traffic. It is such a good feeling to just go to work and work. Not having to worry about who is going to be plugged in with me and how much time I am going to train any particular day. All in all I am happy to be done.

Now I haven't put my thoughts down for some time now, so here is a hodge podge of items that have been thumping around the ole noggin...

1. I need a bike if I am going to compete in a triathlon. Seeing as one of the three disciplines is cycling.

2. The University of Utah Utes of 2008 should have been the NCAA FBS National Champions. Don't even get me started on this one, I will get spooled up and disheveled.

3. It has been awhile since a really good new CD has come out. I was just trying to think about the last CD that I just loved and I can't remember one. I love music but every so often there is a lull in the new music I am listening to and for.

4. Spring is rapidly approaching which means another installment of James' Summer Blockbusters to watch. Last year The International was on the list but was pushed back til just recently. I haven't seen it yet, but would like to see it soon.

5. The Utah Jazz should be making a push for the 4 seed in the playoffs over the next few weeks. We will be getting Carlos Boozer back hopefully tonight and that will help a lot. Go JAZZ

2 comments:

Preston said...

Daag, congrats on becoming a CPC. Do I need to look for houses 4 sale for your move back to SLC? wink, wink. Have you listened to the band MGMT? I am really digging them lately...

Tim said...

Right on James! Stoked for you. I just started at SDL. Looking forward to the CPC myself. Congrats. Enjoy the good times of just going to work.