World Cup Soccer, Tell me what the big fuss is. The USA hasn't scored a goal all world cup, Italy spotted them one, when the guy accidently kicked it in. I don't know about you but I hate soccer more now than I ever have before. After the "amazing" 1-1 tie against Italy, espn personel were talking about how the US, quote "had the fire in there eyes and dominated this game". As far as I can tell, Italy just shot themselves in the foot. It wasn't the United states dominants. And I don't know why everyone is so thrilled to death about a tie. Oh, ya they are also saying that it is remarkable we could even stay with a team of that caliber. Last I saw, the US was ranked 5th in the world, Italy 9th. Sounds like the US should have won that game regardless. Unless the rankings are backwards and the US is 5th from being the worst in the world. Which would bring up another reason why I hate soccer, because their ranking are so far off. I don't know, maybe I'm way off base. I guess the US soccer team motto is, it doesn't matter win, lose or draw as long as we have fun. I don't know about all of you but when I play something, 100% of the time I play to win, unless I want my nephew to feel good about himself in a race to the tree and back. In that situation it is for fun. But on the world stage I think it is more than a simple race to the tree and back, I think it's more about national pride. So, happy world cup everybody, I hope the US can tie their way to the title!
Welcome back Prior, Go Cubs, Ben Scheuller
PS- Ben is the Lincoln beard a few posts earlier for those who aren't in the know
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have tried to watch more than five minutes of game but would rather watch queer for the straight guy to get their hip tip of the day. i will always root for my country in competition but for soccer i will just hear how they did in the news.
go lakers!
thank you for blessing grand forks james.
Post a Comment