Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Best Day of 2007!

Just keepin it real with Memo and Gordon! Last night the 2nd of January was the best day of 2007 by far! (which by the way was pretty hard to beat after that Boise State game on New Year's Day) I was the proud guest of a winner of a contest in which my cousin Ben and I were able to dine and hang out with the entire Utah Jazz.
The meal began with a prime rib and salmon meal that the players didn't even touch because they get the same meal before every game. After there was a short meet and greet in which the players all sat in line and signed anything and everything. I now am the proud owner of a Utah Jazz basketball signed by the entire team and coaches. Also I was able to have AK 47 sign a replica jersey which will be a treasure forever now. After that the players mingled and chatted with the 150 fans that were lucky enough to receive invites. It was during this time that the true experiences took place.
First, I went straight to Paul Millsap who is currently my favorite player on the Jazz. He is rookie who is receiving playing time under Jerry Sloan, which is quite difficult. I was talking to him about his college days at Louisiana Tech and how hard it was playing Utah State. I told him I was so against him, but as soon as the Jazz drafted him I was all in his corner. Then I asked him if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with AK and myself, as AK is my other fav on the Jazz. He was very accomodating and the picture is awesome.
Second, my wife Mary thinks that Memo Okur and Gordon Giricek are the two cutest players on the team and that explains the picture that I have posted here. On my amateur video that I took at the event Gira told Mary that he would stop doing the mohawk so that she didn't leave me for him! Good one Gira!
Third, knowing that Carlos Boozer went to Duke, this surprised me the most. He was wearing a suede leather jacket and as I posed for a picture with him I felt his coat and asked, "Carlos, is this jacket Felt?" He gave me a puzzled look and I said "It is now!" Expecting laughter...needless to say he didn't get it. I told him that he would think it was funny when he finally gets it and he was trying to, oh well. That just means that he will think of me sometime in the middle of a game when it finally dawns on him.
All in all it was a wonderful experience and I will cherish it forever.

2 comments:

dvjs said...

and i call this human named james mcallister, my friend. james i am proud of you. was araujo there?

peterva said...

FELT... HA! I get it, and I sure would have laughed buddy. Good One!