Monday, December 29, 2008

DAY OF THE YEAR! The Story of the Lamb

We have recently moved into a new apartment and for that reason I have been unable to add Bus v Airplane people III. Don't worry it will be up shortly, we plan on having the interweb within a few days. I have saved this post from the day that I wrote it and have made some tweeks to what I am trying to say, I hope that the message comes across. This is the 2008 DAY OF THE YEAR!


Sunday July 20 was a great day for many different reasons. First, it was our second wedding anniversary. Second, it was Joel's missionary farewell and he will be going to Columbus, Ohio for the next two years. The morning of the twentieth, we had an experience that I will never forget. We got up early to have some family pictures taken and as we were waiting we heard a sheep outside. When we opened the door, sure enough, there was a young ram outside that had escaped from the field next door.


Joel, Matt, and I decided that we needed to help the lamb back into the field to reunite with his flock. We tried and tried to heard the lamb, but he didn't know that we were trying to help him. He would not stray from the fence line because he knew that he wanted to return to the field and his flock, he just didn't know how to return. At one point Joel and I had the lamb headed towards the gate entrance and Matt had doubled around to open the gate and coax the lamb back to his flock. When the lamb saw that there was somebody in his path he took off in the other direction and decided to stray from the fence line.


He ran across the street into a neighbor's back yard and was cornered. We finally got a makeshift lasso around the young ram's head and worked towards the field. The only way out of the yard was to pass a kennel of dogs and the lamb would not pass on his own will. My awesome brother Matt finally picked up this young lamb and carried him the rest of the way back to the field. We opened the gate and let him back into his field and he was calling and calling trying to find his flock.


As we walked back to the house to get our family pictures taken we saw the lamb calling until he finally found his flock. When he found them the rest of his flock circled around him and it was like a reunion. At the time I merely thought that we were just getting a lamb out of the neighborhood streets, but there are a number of lessons that can be learned from this experience.



Mary and I now have that family picture up on our wall and you can see in our faces that we had done good that day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo dude, this is Van Akin and it's important- Remember that song and finger act you used to do? Can I find that anywhere online?

James and Mary said...

you are so cute

Camilla said...

Hi this is Camilla, your strang stalker person. :) My husband got a class date of march 31st. Sooo off to oklahoma we will go. And this means we will be in midland by middle of the summer right when its scorching hot! I am currently scouring apartments in midland to try and find a good one. My husband, cory, thinks we should just focus on getting one in the ward boundries of the latest meeting time. I am trying to find one that has a playground or a pool or by a park to entertain all my kiddos so i dont go crazy. oh and i think a/c is important too with the temps there mid summer! Any suggestions? oh and i was wondering what are the earliest and latest hours you work at the midland airport are?

you can email me if you want, or you can make your wife do it if its too weird that I am writing you and not Cory who is still allergic to using the internet it seams. Or you can just ignore me, i understand its a bit weird me just asking you questions and not even knowing you!

Camilla_stouter@hotmail.com
801-262-1276

Camilla said...

it would help if i put the correct email address:

Camilla_Stoutner@hotmail.com